Autumn song

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Periwinkle it is!

This afternoon after lunch I took a trip to Judith Warren Boutique & Bridal in Eden, NC (about 1 hour & 20 minutes away)to check out the Mother -of-the-Bride/Groom dresses for my son wedding in September.
A friend, who at one time worked in the LQS and still teaches classes for us, sent me there. I am so-o-o glad I took her advice. (Yes, Cathy you were right!)
When I arrived at the shop, Judith had me look at the collection of dresses she had in stock. I was to pick out the dresses I liked. She then put me in a dressing room with those and dresses of her choice. The last dress she presented me was the dress at right. At first I didn't know if it was "really" me, but I was a trouper and tried it on. Upon reflection I narrowed my choices down to two dresses (these were of course, 2 of the ones she choose for me). She then went to the phone and called the company that made the dresses to check for colors available in my size(?).

Drum roll please:
Periwinkle is the color and the above dress was chosen!
The down payment has been made and now we wait for it to arrive (end of July) Next on the list is to find shoes and jewelry.

5 comments:

quiltkeemosabe said...

You will be LOOKING GOOD!!!!

Salem Stitcher said...

What a gorgeous dress! You will be stunning!

Dana said...

Beautiful dress!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I took the videos with a Flip Video. Great little thing that I keep in my purse all the time to capture people off guard. :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's very, very pretty! Periwinkle is the color I wore to our daughter's wedding. Great choice!

Rose Marie said...

Groan ... shopping for wedding clothes .... how lucky for you to find something so quickly. Lovely dress.