Autumn song

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shop Retreat at Magnolia Manor B & B

Early Friday morning found 10 of the employees from
Sew Original
in Winston Salem & Boone on their way East toward
Warrenton , NC.
After lunch at "The Hardware" in downtown Warrenton,
we arrived at the
Magnolia Manor Plantation B & B
(www.magnoliamanorbnb.com)
for a fun filled weekend of sewing and most of all just being girls.
After everyone arrived we presented Sheila (the owner & quilter, herself)
a quilted banner made by all of us.Last year after our retreat, I suggested we all make Sheila a wall hanging. I designed & constructed the center panel,
everyone else paper pieced a civil war block for it. After all blocks were made, I took all the parts home and put it together. Gina Boone , then quilted it for us. Here we and Sheila are with her new wall hanging.
I worked on many things, but didn't seem to get very far with any of them.

A block from "Aunt Millies Garden"
(I have chosen to machine applique my garden)

Dog Collars
and the girls modeled them for me!

(They were all howling with pride over their new collars.)
I also worked on blocks for another reversible quilt I am working on. This one from the "More Reversible Quilts",
and blocks
for a quilt found in "StrataVarious" by Barabare Persing & Mary Hoover.
It was a great weekend and one we all remember for many years to come.

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

"...and a good time was had by all..." as they say! I'm sure Sheila was thrilled by the wallhanging, it's gorgeous!

Quilting Memories said...

Looks like a fun trip. See ya soon, Bobbin