Autumn song

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Mystery is solved!




Since last posting, I have been busy putting the finishing stitches to a class sample for the shop. I will be teaching Reversible Quilt II
"The Eleventh Hour"
for 3 Thursday nights beginning January 29th, 6pm - 8:30 pm at Sew Original.
This is a fun easy quilt using a "quilt as you go" technique. I also with this quilt checked off a "Bucket" list item, to make a Black, White & Red Quilt.

Back in October (I think it was) one of the local Quilting Guilds handed out directions for a Mystery Quilt. Never having done one I decided to participate!
Drum roll please........
And here is my completed
"Durango Mystery Quilt"

Of course being a Free-spirit and not ever being able to complete directions as given to me, I did use my "artistic license" to make it My Own!
The borders should have been one fabric (of my choice) with the same Green corner stones that are in the setting sashing.
Now, the next step is to Quilt (myself) or not to Quilt (someone else).......



4 comments:

Miss Jean said...

I wish I could come and take your class. North Carolina is a bit far for me, though. I love the mystery quilt. I'm like you, I like to add my spin to things. Good job.

quiltkeemosabe said...

The quilts look wonderful! Your mystery turned out great. And you should do your own thing all the time!

Dana said...

Remind me where in NC you are teaching these rockin' classes!!!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love the 11th Hour, that's when I get most things done! The mystery quilt is great!