Autumn song

Thursday, August 7, 2008

On the road again.....

Two days ago (Tuesday) I left WS headed for Emerald Isle Beach to visit with a good friend and her husband.
We spend a fun & short 24 hours together.
During a tour of the island, we came upon this little fellow in the front yard of one of the homes we passed.
He (or she) walked away from us, but soon ventured back toward us. He ventured so close we were afraid he might come to close to the car.
Wednesday, before heading south toward Ocean Isle, J & I visited a local quilt shop in Jacksonville, NC.
Both of us walked out with a bag full of fabric & new patterns.

While driving down 17 & I-140, I noticed the temperature posted on my dashboard. Oh-h-h so hot! Today will be another scorcher with possible storms to follow. Sure hope it cools down and the storms and rain passes before Saturday evening. This is first of the two weddings ahead of me. My best friends daughters wedding is this weekend. Pictures to come!!!

While on the beach today I have been reading "The Shack" by William P. Young. It is an awe inspiring work which opens & answers many questions most humans have about God and his relationship with us. I recommend it to everyone. It may not answer all your questions, but it does set you to thinking!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Yep, 99 is a scorcher alright! Glad you were able to slow down and read, relax and reconnect. Can't wait to see photos from the wedding.