Autumn song

Monday, October 22, 2007

Busy Monday

Today I spend the morning teaching a beginning Serger class at the LQS where I work. It was a challenge to say the least. But then all serger classes can be challenging! We (the students) didn't get anywhere finished with the first lesson. The main object in the class is to learn to thread the machine, that did get done. The big deal is to see if they can get it done by themself at home over the next 2 weeks. Their assignment was to practice, practice, practice the threading of the serger so the next 3 classes move faster!
The rest of the day I spend in my sewing loft and I completed the church landscape block and started another scene from my trip! It's the covered bridge in Lucrene. Will share when it's complete!

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

If you met your initial objective that's a good thing. The serger threading, like anything else, only comes easily if one keeps at it! I'm sure they learned a LOT and will keep on practicing...

Quilting Memories said...

I can't wait to see your finished projects, always very nice and sooooo interesting. I'm sure all the ladies in the serger class learned a lot more than even they realize.They will surprise and please you when they return for the next class.